|Fate||Lends Thorin and Company his ponies|
Beorn was a Northling, a Shape-shifter, and a Beorning chieftain who once lived in the North of the Anduin valley between the Misty Mountains and Mirkwood during the last centuries of the Third Age. Most of his race however, were killed or imprisoned by Azog for sport and Beorn was claimed to be the last of his race. In TA 2941, he assisted Thorin and Company by giving them shelter and ponies for the journey as well as warnings before they left to the forest of Mirkwood.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Beorn was portrayed by Mikael Persbrandt in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and the upcoming The Battle of the Five Armies.
- He appeared in the LEGO franchise in the set Dol Guldur Ambush, although it did not appear in The Desolation of Smaug, it may extend for the Battle of Dol Guldur in There and Back Again.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (First appearance)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- LEGO The Hobbit: The Video Game