|Birth||Before the creation of Arda|
|Fate||Captures Gandalf in Dol Guldur and reveals his true identity.|
Sauron was a fallen Maia, and creator of the One Ring who had fallen in Mordor after his ring finger was cut by Isildur in SA 3434. He was thought to never regain his full strength and peace had returned to Middle-earth until in TA 2941. His soul lived in the dungeons of Dol Guldur known as the "Necromancer" and started to build another army of Orcs to cover the lands of a second darkness leaving Azog as the commander and planned with him to murder Thorin Oakenshield. When Gandalf investigated the dungeons to find him, Sauron captured him and revealed to him his true identity.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Sauron was portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch through voice and motion capture in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug, and the upcoming The Battle of the Five Armies.
- In each two (and possibly three) films of the trilogy, Sauron was credited in the end credits as his nickname "Necromancer".
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (First appearance)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- LEGO The Hobbit: The Video Game